Thursday, January 26, 2012

Open Question: Am I not meant for meditating?




Yahoo! Answers: Search for





Open Question: Am I not meant for meditating?



I'm an absolute beginner at meditation, I've always found basic relaxation meditations helpful.
I normally would do this while dosing off to relaxing sounds of waterfalls and the forest and eventually fall asleep while feeling vibrations and lighter.
I thought maybe after all these years of lightly practicing meditation for the sake of relaxation I should try to higher my consciousness and for spiritual purposes.
How ever tonight while I was listening to a guided chakra meditation for the first time-without any music or sounds playing in the background- I felt an intense sensation of fear while breathing in "ommm" & focusing on my brow chakra.
At first I tried to sit through it to see what would happen but the tension and anxiety really built up after 20 seconds or so like a horrifying nightmare.
Now looking back I feel as though I may have been fearing building up the consciousness...
Do you think I'm doing something wrong, or is a process I have to endure to get to my own truth?
I've noticed when I go deep into a meditative state I begin even fearing my breath.
Why is this happening?
Do you have any suggestions as to how I can overcome this?
Hope somebody can help me with their own experience..
Thanks =)







ABC News: Top Stories





Feds: US Terrorist Took Out Hit on Witnesses







Email this Article
Add to Twitter
Add to Facebook
Add to digg
Add to Reddit
Add to StumbleUpon











Search RSS | FindArticles





Natural Health - Coming of age: getting older isn't about fighting time, but enjoying it. In honor of Natural Health's 40th Anniversary, we've collected 40 of the most surprising and inspiring tips on how to live a longer, healthier life. Who says aging has to get old?



June 1, 2011 --

01. Think young Perspectives on Psychological Science recently published a study by Ellen Langer, Ph.D., a mind-body psychology professor at...







No comments:

Post a Comment