Friday, June 1, 2012

Voting Question: misophonia help please!?




Yahoo! Answers: Search for





Voting Question: misophonia help please!?



I am sure that i have misophonia which is the "hatred of sound"; that is, I can't stand listening to certain sounds. Chewing, salivating, listening to saliva slapping against people's teeth as they chew, it literally makes me so angry i could punch the wall. i don't know why i hate it. When I'm with family or people I'm comfortable with, I usually groan and complain and i never eat a meal without music or the TV on. Sometimes I eat meals in the garage or on the deck alone because I can't stand people chewing. I also don't like gum chewing or heavy breathing, or persistent sniffling. I also cant stand when people open plastic bags, like chips or crackers, when the plastic crinkles and folds and makes noises. Or when water bottles crackle. I can't stand it. I simply can't do it. Sometimes I think I'd rather run 10 marathons or be run over by a bus than listen to it. How can I cope with this? I know that meditation will not work, and I can't ignore it either. I also can't stand silence.
Also, why would I have this problem? I had a lot of ear infections as a little kid, would that affect it?







Latest CBS News Video Headlines - CBS News





Video: Looking back on the Queen's 60 year reign



Britain is preparing to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee this weekend. Jon Sopel, Up to the Minute Commentator, takes a look back at what has happened under the rule of Queen Elizabeth II.










Yahoo! Answers: Search for





Voting Question: How do I make sure I become enlightened? Or be able to tap into the awareness state even under great stress?



Can you give me some techniques that help me get it.

e.g. resist nothing,

surrender to the painful emotion,

stare at the negative emotion,

watch to see what your next thought will be etc

IS MEDITATION NECESSARY?

Some gurus say its an obstacle and that you can just be enlightened right now, some say it helps, which is it whats the point of meditation?






No comments:

Post a Comment