Saturday, February 11, 2012

Natural Health - Coming of age: getting older isn't about fighting time, but enjoying it. In honor of Natural Health's 40th Anniversary, we've collected 40 of the most surprising and inspiring tips on how to live a longer, healthier life. Who says aging has to get old?




Recent Uploads tagged meditationretreat





UFO talk to me posted a photo:











Search RSS | FindArticles





Natural Health - Coming of age: getting older isn't about fighting time, but enjoying it. In honor of Natural Health's 40th Anniversary, we've collected 40 of the most surprising and inspiring tips on how to live a longer, healthier life. Who says aging has to get old?



June 1, 2011 --

01. Think young Perspectives on Psychological Science recently published a study by Ellen Langer, Ph.D., a mind-body psychology professor at...








Yahoo! Answers: Search for





Resolved Question: Why do I feel like nothing is real? and evetything is just a dream?



I don't know why, but I've been feeling like this for about 5 days now. I noticed it immediately. I feel like nothings real. about two days ago I even questioned my existence. I was asking myself things like "Why am I alive? Is this all real? Why do I feel like i have no goal/purpose in life?" And I've been getting scared because I definitely do NOT like this feeling. I'll admit, I use Marijuana, about every 2 weeks or so, and I used it about a week ago, (as i stated above I experienced feelings like this about 5 days ago) and as of right now I'm done with all that becuase I'm scared of it all. I was looking up reasons as to why I may feel this way, and I found something called Depersonalization. I seem to think I may fit this category, because I took a quiz on it, but I had answered "No" to some of the questions, but also answered "Yes". I HAVE HAD FEELINGS LIKE THIS BEFORE, but it was under the influence of Marijuana. I was smoking it and about 20 minutes after I started feeling like total crap. my head was hurting, i was hearing weird music in my head that i couldnt control, and all kinds of weird things. This happened for about 30 minutes until i decided to go to sleep, hoping that it would go away once i woke up, and it did. I also feel high, but like a bad high, as if I had just finished smoking, when I really havent, and I'm only 16 (and male)! please help me come back to reality, and explain to me how to treat this. I read more on Depersonalization, and it told me I need to calm down, eat healthy, excercise, and even try meditation. I havent started these things yet, because I just read it, plus I'm scared they might not even work! I read a comment by some guy on the article and he said he was 15, and had been feeling like this for 4 months! and another guy had said 10 months! i can barely stand 5 days of this! I know that this isn't a normal feeling, I told my parents about it, and they were telling me to stay calm and do whatever the article said on how to treat Depersonalization. I also can't concentrate much, I'll be sitting in class while my teachers are talking and I won't be paying attention to them I'll just sit there and think about this feeling, and if it will ever go away. I thought at first it could be a whole bunch of things, being dehydrated, not eating right, not getting enough excercise, but I just dont know anymore. I love music, and I've been trying to rap and sing for about 6 months now and i know i have the potential to do great things, but nothing feels real so at this point im thinking WHY BOTHER/: I love my family and friends, they mean the world to me, and i need to get back to how i use to be. I just hope it isnt some type of mental illness.....i thought maybe they were early sings of Schizophrenia. I feel like I'm going crazy/insane...I don't know who to talk to about this beside posting it on here and i already talked with my parents. I've been praying to God as well (i am catholic) please state any information you may know about this...and how I can treat it!






No comments:

Post a Comment