Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Natural Health - Coming of age: getting older isn't about fighting time, but enjoying it. In honor of Natural Health's 40th Anniversary, we've collected 40 of the most surprising and inspiring tips on how to live a longer, healthier life. Who says aging has to get old?




Search RSS | FindArticles





Natural Health - Coming of age: getting older isn't about fighting time, but enjoying it. In honor of Natural Health's 40th Anniversary, we've collected 40 of the most surprising and inspiring tips on how to live a longer, healthier life. Who says aging has to get old?



June 1, 2011 --

01. Think young Perspectives on Psychological Science recently published a study by Ellen Langer, Ph.D., a mind-body psychology professor at...








ABC News: Top Stories





Defying Iran: US Sails Through Strait of Hormuz







Email this Article
Add to Twitter
Add to Facebook
Add to digg
Add to Reddit
Add to StumbleUpon











Yahoo! Answers: Search for





Open Question: Help! Very awkward situation at new job (please read to know my situation)?



Hi! I'm 19, 20 in a month, and i dont have an education, a license, and just got my first job stockin at a liquore store less than 2 weeks ago. Now i have much practice being alone and not talking to people, and also much practice being awkward when i am around people. Anyways, I get nervous easy about social situations to the point i want to escape and forget about the pains. And with my new job, it is very very very awkward i get very hot and i can't escape and i feel uncomfortable the whole time. I went 3 times already and tomoro is 4th day and i am really really really nervous, so nervous i dont want to do it, but i still will cus i have to. I am having a hard time talking and i feel i may be being too serious all the time as well as i feel i am giving "empty" answers and being very unemotional. I can even feel how the other people are feeling uncomfortable around me and now i feel bad cus i think im making work harder for them. And another thing to add is the cash register workers are all very beautiful young ladies, of who i am very shy around. I've never had a girlfriend or kissed one or anything not even talked to one so this is very wierd for me. Also another thing i should add is that I am very different from the people at work, well different from most people in my country (the usa) cause i am into buddhism and am always thinking about deep stuff and i seriously am thinkin about escaping and just goin on a meditation retreat and forgettin all the stress, but i cant just leave the people I know cus they'l feel bad and i have a lizzard to feed. Anyways, i have work tomoro and I am nervous and need some confidence and knowledge on how to deal with social situations that i am getting into. people at my work are always freely talkin to each other but to me the talkin is the only hard part of the job (the job itself is kind of fun, and i shuld say another wierd thing that makes me different from people is i always focus on my chi and i do breathin techniques as i work, which helps relax me but when im in a social encounter im like lost). So yeah, i am different and awkward but i dont know what to do. I try to show interest in their material interests wwhen im around them but its not me. And i shuld also probly make them laugh but im too scared to take over "the floor" in conversation. What do i do OH please help...THX ever so much IM SO NERVOUS






No comments:

Post a Comment