Sunday, September 30, 2012

Devout Exercises of the Heart in Meditation and Soliloq




Meditation Exercises





Devout Exercises of the Heart in Meditation and Soliloq



US $20.03
End Date: Sunday Sep-30-2012 1:59:14 PDT
Buy It Now for only: US $20.03
Buy it now | Add to watch list








Yahoo! Answers: Search for





Open Question: Worried about how I act, look, and sound?



Hey guys, I've been suffering from very severe social anxiety since around age 11, I'm 22 now. I withdraw myself from social situations like a plague because I stammer my words- eventually talking nonsensically with no real aim, can't maintain eye contact because it's either uncomfortable or awkward, don't know what to do with my arms, face, posture, etc., and most of all, I don't know how to behave or how to be myself. It's difficult to leave the house, and every second at school is almost unbearable- my teachers avoid eye contact with me as well, and choose not to speak to me in passing, though they are nice people. Family does the same, but they usually choose to participate in the social conventions of greeting and small-talk (however uncomfortable it may be) simply for keeping up appearances. I project a feeling of mistrust/hostility/guilt/inferiority, and others can't help but pick it up and give it back, sometimes with disgust. But respectable people spare me the emotions and simply choose not to acknowledge me.

I've tried many things (sleeping, dieting, exercising, psychoanalysis, vitamins, antidepressants, alcohol, pot, meditating), with compassion meditation being the only thing of some [fleeting] benefit. I can't live a life like this- somebody please help me. Thanks
Yes, I should have mentioned that I also saw a psychologist, a psychiatrist, a school counselor, and most recently a social worker, but none helped. I know others are wrapped up in their own problems, but my problems almost paralyze me- I'm thinking there must be more to my story. I can't stop criticizing myself. I'm giving self-acceptance audio tapes a try.







Meditation Exercises - Google News





FX traders seek coaching in battle for dominance - Chicago Tribune




FX traders seek coaching in battle for dominance
Chicago Tribune
Trained in techniques including stress management and performance psychology, Ward also employs strategies underpinned by cutting-edge neuroscience research. Some exercises are focused on meditation to help develop attention and awareness.

and more »







No comments:

Post a Comment